Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

THE LAST LETTERS


THE LAST LETTERS

To my son:
These things I write to you
Are the unspoken words which my father never said
But which I nevertheless heard
As clearly as the tinkle of a bell
In the dead of the night.
Whistle while you work
Love determinedly
Live by the book…
(The holy book…)


To my wife:
This picture I paint
Is abstract like the wind
Which we do not see
Yet feel,
The way I hope you felt
Every time I bought you a rose
Every time I went out of my way for you
Every time I got down on my knees to say how much I love you
Keep the home front when I’m gone
Continue to be loving kind and gracious
And know that though my heart now fails
My love for you never will…

To the world:
These notes I strum on my guitar
Are like a song which the robin cannot comprehend
But nonetheless bobs its head to
The way I hoped you did to my life.
I did not discover fire
But my heart burned with love for my dear ones.
I still haven’t been to the moon, and unfortunately never will
But do not infer that I did not live life to the fullest.
I dare say I did not change the world
All I tried to do was leave people better than I found them.
Isn’t it high time we stopped all these fighting and wars
Seeing that they’ve not helped things a bit?
Let us work together as one, as in the tower of Babel
Let us live in peace and unity
Long live humanity!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very touching, deep.

Tha Watch a said...

Glad u like it. *blushes uncontrollably*

Anonymous said...

This is touching. Great work

Anonymous said...

I wish you could be studied in english at tertiary level. You mix poetry and imagery and thats a unique talent. As to your message; wisdom is a rare but a writer with wisdom is priceless.

Anonymous said...

I wish you could be studied in english at tertiary level. You mix poetry and imagery and thats a unique talent. As to your message; wisdom is a rare but a writer with wisdom is priceless.

watcha said...

@farida, thanks for d kind words. Im really flattered