Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

YBNL- ROAD TO YAHOO BOY NO LAPTOP-OLAMIDE FEAT 2KRISS AND KIDAKUDZ


YBNL- ROAD TO YAHOO BOY NO LAPTOP-OLAMIDE FEAT 2KRISS AND KIDAKUDZ

    Olamide is here once again with another ear banger. This one he called ‘Yahoo boy no laptop’ and featured fellow ‘Coded Tunes’ acts kidakudz and 2kriss. The track is off coded tunes proposed collaboration album- ‘Road to yahoo boy no laptop’.
As usual, olamide stung with lyrical venom, and me thinks he murdered the dudes he featured on the track.
 After his victory in the peak talent hunt tv show, Kida Kudz was signed onto Toni Payne-owned record label, Coded Tunes concept. He has done a number of collabos since then but still has no official single to his credit. Nevertheless, I think his performance on this beat is relatively below-par as he was spitting bars with an auto-tuned enhanced voice which I personally think is not too good for an upcoming act without an established audience base.
 
Nonetheless, not to undermine his lyrical capability, he definitely still has a lot of time to improve, At a time on the Nigerian Hip hop scene when the bars (No puns intended…or are they? Lol) have been raised so high, they almost touch the sky, I was not too impressed with some of his lines such as:  “I don’t give a fuck(fork), so egba shibi” and also: “I’m the youngest bad guy on your TV”, but towards the end of his verse I think he dropped a particular dope line that kinda gives a peek into what great potentials he has: “kosi lift ni bibayi, but my swagger still dey elevate” which means:’ there’s no lift right here, but my swagger is still elevating” , Not bad eh?
     The hook is really a catchy one. It was done by the duo of 2kriss and Olamide. 2kriss also rapped in the second verse and I dare say he brought his ‘A’ game to the table. *Thumbs up bruv*
My best verse was obviously the 3rd due to the lyrical delivery prowess of Olamide, Indeed, I personally oved his opening line: “won bi iya eyan”-though I fear its something of a Remininsce trademark. On his verse,, Olamide complained about people complaining about his cocky behavior after he stumbled upon wealth: “Won ni mo n se laulau be awon omo kualar lumpur, mio kin se omo baba olowo I was born poor” that sound like an antithesis to Davido’s Dami Duro? Damn! Nice! I really can’t wait to for the album to drop cuz I bet it’s gonn’ be hot!
Download via:   http://www.360nobs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Olamide-ft-Kida-Kudz-2Kriss-Road-To-YBNL.mp3

No comments: